This is my first project using the R-Pi Camera board

like normal I am using Rasbian (see set up Rasbian) with SSH access, I did not install VNC, as I will not be using the GUI.
After I have logged in for the first time I have carried out the following:
  1. using Rasp-Config (sudo raspi-config) I have:
    • Enabled the camera (option 5)
    • Changed the hostname (option 8 > A2) (Mine is now called rpicam)
    • Change the user password (option 2 (mine is now camera)).
  2. Exit Rasp-Config and restart
  3. I have installed Netatalk, netatalk is a way of making your Pi easy to find on a mac network, and exposes the home directory of the user Pi over AFP 
    1
    sudo apt-get install netatalk
    1. I wanted to take a picture to see what it would look like before I did anything else, so using
      1
      raspistill -o myimage.jpg
      (there is a 5 second delay) I got the image on the right (resized in post-production):
    2. Install a FTP client, and image magick 
      1
      2
      sudo apt-get install ftp
      sudo apt-get install imagemagick
    3. make an FTP account on a remote server.

    The Code

    1. make a folder called camera in the ~/ folder 
      1
      mkdir camera
    2. save the following to camera.sh in the folder camera:
      1
      code for the camera
    3. To make the camera.sh file exicutable you will need to ass the X flag:
      1
      chmod +x camera.sh
      then run camera.sh by typing
      1
      ./camera.sh

No comments:

Post a Comment